Through the many years of working with the communities, CREDO has enabled communities to establish their own institutions for planning and implementing pathways out of poverty and this achievement is attracting considerable interest as a model for how sustainable development in ‘whole communities’ may be facilitated across the Niger Delta. In the past nine (9) years CREDO (formerly known as Resources Empowerment Group) has been involved in a number of programmes and projects including:
- Conduct of Health Baseline Survey in Ifedore LGA in respect of Health Systems Development
Project II, under the Safe Motherhood (Abiye) Programme;
- The conduct of situation analysis and needs assessment for 80 communities in 3 pilot LGAs
in Ondo State including profiling of health facilities in Ifedore LGA under the TAPP
Initiative of Ondo State Government (July – October, 2009);
- The conduct of PRA/SLA and Community Development Plans in sixty (60) communities
in Ahoada-West LGA, Rivers State, funded by Rivers State Sustainable Development
Agency (RSSDA). December 2008 – February ’09;
- Conduct of socio-economic baseline studies on Allanblackia Flourinbunda and presentation
of report at World Agroforestry Summit in Kumasi, Ghana November 2008 (see our website);
- Awareness creation about HIV/AIDS, community mobilization, setting up of social
mobilization for action teams (SMAT) and soliciting community support for people living
with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in 4 LGAs in Rivers State (2005 – 2007).
- Collaborated with IFESH in training Chief Medical Personnel from Rivers State Ministry of
Health under a CDC funded PMTCT programme Implemented by IFESH, Nigeria (2006 – 2007).
- Facilitation of cooperatives formation and cooperative management training;
- Institutional development and capacity building for community governance structures,
NGOs, etc. – including training of Egi community development foundation (ECDF), Over
twenty-six (26) NGOs engaged by RSSDA;
- Facilitation of Egi Community Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (ECEEDS)
– December 2008 – February 2009.
- Conduct of Oben/Ajeokuta – Abuja/Kano Gas Pipeline Network Analysis in collaboration
with ILF consulting for Daewoo Engineering (January – March, 2008).
- Facilitative Coordination of Egi Community Development Integrated Master Plan;
- Monitoring and evaluation of Millennium Development Goals programmes and projects in
Delta State (2007 – 2008);
- Facilitated micro-credit schemes and enterprise development.
- Health awareness program
- Implementation of Education as a Vacine –EVA project (August 2017- July 2019)