We do not develop communities; rather we facilitate communities to make their decisions regarding the direction they choose to follow in charting their own destinies. We believe that without strengthening the capacity of existing community structures to be able to receive, manage and take ownership of the development process, community development projects will continue to lack sustainability. However, the people, not the institutions are our priority concern. Therefore, CREDO pursues, bottom-up, community-based, people-centered development approaches like the sustainable livelihoods approach to community development.
Areas of Competencies
- Girl,child education and women empowerment campaign
- Conflict Transformation and Peace Building
- Youth Empowerment and Enlightenment Program
- Baseline Studies, Situation Analysis, Needs Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation and Impact Assessment;
- HIV/AIDS education, sensitization and mobilization, and creation of community safety- nets through the provision of micro credit scheme for care givers.
- Institutional development and capacity building;
- Entrepreneurship training, micro enterprise development, cooperative management and training, and micro credit schemes;
- Stakeholders’ relationship management and strategic partnerships.